Sunday 27 January 2013

fun in the snow

Okay, its official- I LOVE SNOW! I spent all of yesterday making snowmen, snow angles and having a snowball fights with my little host brother Carl. It was so so much fun! It snowed the night before so the snow or sni in Danish was fresh, soft and fluffy. Whilst we were out in the snow, it began to snow again!  It was seriously the coolest thing ever

I have to admit though that in the movies, making snowmen looks soooo easy. Well let me tell you- it's so not. There is actually an art to it and I was the idiot who just thought that you could make a lump in the snow and add extra stuff as you needed it. Well this technique failed miserably, so my first attempt was quite shocking! However, I quickly adapted to the proper technique, of making a small snowball in the snow and rolling around in it so that it gets bigger and bigger. This worked, but again my snowman didn't look quite right- but hey at least I tried!

I also got to tick off making a snow angle from my bucket list. I have alwayssssss wanted to make one, and it is as cool as it looks in movies- Needles to say that my life is now complete!

Snowball fights are just also just as fun as they look in movies. The snow is so so soft and so it doesn't hurt when you get hit at all It is just the best and I was literally covered in snow.

Yesterday we also had a brunch with an Indian exchange student, who was the host sister of my host brother who is currently in India (so confusing). She was so so lovely, and she, like me, had never made a snowman so we had a really nice afternoon together! She is also on my bus for euro tour (yay I actually know someone!) Danish brunches are so so good as well... but everything is good over here!

This morning, I left for school at 7:31am and it was so dark outside. I will defiantly have to get used to that. Anyway, it was about a half an hour trip through the centre of the town, to the other side of the town. So I'm currently sitting in the students area waiting eagerly for 9am when i will be met by some of my classmates. I have all my fingers and toes crossed that they will be nice and that I will have a good day.

Write soon
xxx







2 comments:

  1. I love reading your posts Sarah! Sounds like you are adapting well to the new surroundings. I hope your first day at the new school went really well :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Liz :) i'm loving it here. it went great, couldn't have been put in a better class xx

    ReplyDelete