Friday 25 January 2013

day in the kitchen..

I can not believe that it has been a week since I left Australia! It seems so strange to think that I was sweating in 45 degree heat when today I woke up to a foggy sky and trees covered in ice. This week has flown by- so I can just imagine how fast the year will go! I'll be back home before you know it. 

Had a quiet day in today to prepare for our brunch tomorrow. We made a quick trip to the supermarket to buy the ingredients we needed to prepare all of the food. I was making pavlova, and was relieved to find that in Denmark they sell egg whites and egg yolks separately so no clumsy egg incidents were had in the kitchen today. 

The brunch tomorrow is for me to meet all of my host families. I must admit that I am a little nervous but can not wait to meet them all!! After the brunch, I leave the beautiful town of Skibby and move to Roskilde with my first host family. My first family has three boys; one who is my age, one who is in India on exchange and the other who is around 12 (I think). Will be a nice change, and something that I am not used to! I am really looking forward to it, as I guess that this is where the real adventure starts! 

Anyway, back to the kitchen....So I attempted to make mini pavlovas. Was a little worried about how they would turn out- but they actually taste really good! Unfortunately, fresh strawberries are very rarely found in Denmark so frozen berries will have to do! Making the pav today though was really nice, especially because I would be celebrating Australia day back home. I'll miss a good old game of backyard cricket in the heat- the little pav doesn't really do it justice. 

Happy Australia day Australia! Missing you all xxx 

No comments:

Post a Comment