Wednesday 27 February 2013

the results are in...

Okay folks the results are in. Before i go and post my first danish report card (keep in mind ive only been here a month) i will attempt to explain the danish way of giving out report cards because it is sooo different to australia

Firstly, the reports are given out on the internet at a certain time and students cram around their computers to see their fate. For all those exhsc students out there, imagine the morning you recieved your results. But this nervous wait doesn't happen once, it happens every semester...

Their marks aren't out of 100 like in Australia and they are not awarded A's B's and C's... instead they are given a number (thanks Wikapedia, can always count on you to save the day)
GradeDescription[1]Equivalents
13-scaleECTSU.S.
12excellenthigh level of command of all aspects – no or only a few minor weaknesses[n 1]11/13AA+
10very goodhigh level of command of most aspects – only minor weaknesses[n 2]10BA-, A
7goodgood command – some weaknesses[n 3]8/9CB, B+
4fairsome command – some major weaknesses[n 4]7DC, C+, B-
02adequatethe minimum requirements for acceptance[n 5]6ED-, D, D+, C-
00inadequatedoes not meet the minimum requirements for acceptance[n 6]03/5FxF
−3unacceptableunacceptable in all respects[n 7]00FF


So today, at 12:30, i crammed around my computer with my class mates to await my fate.. and considering i have only been here a month, and submitted one english essay on where i want to be in 10 years time, i wasn't expecting any grades at all...... but alas, a tiny little box came up on lectio


So folks, here is my fate.... I understand the average marks for Danish, i mean i just turn up to class and attempt to understand what they are talking about. Sometimes i will look at the texts and one of my friends will translate. i also participate in group work so that mark was expected! Drama was also not a surprise either. Again i just turn up to class, and have only been like 3 times because the rest of the time they have been canceled.  
But to be honest i am a little disheartened and concerned by my english mark....
For someone who speaks English daily- i recieved an AVERAGE MARK FOR SPEAKING!!!!! Well i think this is the funniest thing ever.. and I burst out laughing when i saw it.  My class also agreed with me and laughed along! So if you refer back to the wikapedia scale, you will see that it states "some major weaknesses".......... thats a little concerning. Suppose my limited use of aussie slang and my accent aren't really helping AYE MATE! 

No comments:

Post a Comment