Saturday 16 February 2013

Jeg elsker København!

Ventured into Copenhagen today and if you ask me, thats a pretty good way to spend your first official day as an 18 year old. 

Copenhagen is a wonderful city, filled with so so much character. When I first walked out of the carpark and onto the old shopping strip there were buskers playing some music. This almost echoed down the old cobble stoned street and had a really soothing tone for a saturday afternoon. The old buildings are also magnificent. Its not a huge city like Sydney though, and doesn't have the skyscrapers that tower over you, but their towers are still pretty impressive- especially because they are hundreds of years old and were built by one of Denmark's old kings. There were also lots of old churches which were beautiful. The architecture in this country is phenomenal, and I have never seen anything like it in all my life. 

My favourite place in Copenhagen was defiantly Newhound. This was what I saw when i googled Copenhagen- the old boating town with beautifully decorated coloured houses lining the harbour. This was just as amazing as it looked on the pictures i saw before coming and I can not wait to go there when the sun is shining. 

I had a very good first trip in and am sure that I will come home wearing an I LOVE COPENHAGEN tee-shirt.

I ticked off doing some of the main tourist things;
-visited the little mermaid 
-strolled along the shopping strip that is apparently one of the longest in the world
-drank some hot chocolate in a cosy cafe
-visited princess mary for some afternoon tea
-went to her castle museum
-visited New Haun 
-saw the opera house
-strolled past and through buildings that were hundreds of years old
-saw the ancient defence system for denmark
(basically saw half of the city in one day) 

More Copenhagen adventures to come this week during winter vacation! A trip in with Darcie and maybe even one with my class. It's going to be a good week!


Newhound




She's so little! 


G'day Princess Mary! (She must have known i was coming.. the little flag up on the castle means that she is home!)


A beautiful old church.. and the beautiful Danish countryside.. in the middle of Copenhagen


Everywhere you look there is beautiful old buildings!


No comments:

Post a Comment