Wednesday 13 February 2013

We're all mad here....

Last night, i was lucky enough to go and watch my schools production of Alice in Wonderland. All of the tickets were sold out, however one of the boys in my class is a dancer in the musical so he scored me a ticket!

So after language school, I ventured into town and had a quick dinner with some of my Brazilian oldies. It was so much fun, talking about their experiences and impressions about Denmark so far. I ate at a kebab shop so I was expecting a normal size kebab.... but I was served the biggest meal I have ever seen. Supersize coke and a kebab that literally took up the whole length of a huge dinner plate. I was so thankful that I had some Brazilians there to share it with!

I then caught the bus back to my school to see the show. 

It was wonderful! Alice in Wonderland is one of my favourite movies so I was so excited to see it in Danish. I was not disappointed. The whole show was just amazing. 
I was super surprised when I found out that the entire show had been put together by the students. For that standard it was kind of hard to believe! The costumes were wonderful and the dancing was pretty good as well! The school had shaken up things a little bit and reworded songs to appropriately fit the musical. So like the Red Queen sung 'rumour has it' by Adele and the lyrics were changed to 'rumour has it im the one thats winning this war'. There was also the song 'hit me with your best shot' which was used for the fight scene. I loved the music- especially because it was one of the only things that I could actually understand :) but I did pick up a few questions and words here and there but it was VERY handy to know the story back to front! I loved what they did with it and loved the show! The audience did too as the cast received a standing ovation. 

Today, I had a sleep in and ventured to school after a much needed Skype home. This afternoon I'm heading to my third host families house for some afternoon :) and then I am speaking at my Rotary Club this evening. Busy day ahead! 

No comments:

Post a Comment