Friday 20 September 2013

Fashion Forward

One of the questions that I am continually bombard with (other than "why did you choose denmark") is the fashion differences between Australia and Denmark. Believe it or not, there is a HUGE difference in the way that Aussies and Danes dress. This fashion forward thinking country has forced me to my wardrobe with danish classic items and leave those beloved Australian clothes behind. This task has been a lot of fun and op shopping in Copenhagen is one of my most favourite things to do on the weekends. In my expeditions with my partner in crime Gabby, we have managed to find some BARGINS and add to the load of stuff we have to attempt to get home. In my scavenging hunt i've managed to pick up a Zara striped blazer, and a standard black blazer that once hung on the mannekin in the Upper East Side. None the less, op shopping in Denmark has been so much fun, and i will come to miss it a lot when I return down under! 

Anyway, for those wondering if I will look like some sort of alien when I get home be assured that my wordrobe choices still flaunt a hint of Australian fashion. Denmark is a lot of fun to shop in- although it does serious damage to my credit card! Shopping in Copenhagen takes up much of my time on the weekends. Some of my favourite stores to look and shop in are; 


I will however admit that I miss Target every now and then! Sometimes your wordrobe just needs to have some target basics! 

Okay, so a few things about Danish fashion
-Black is very cool and if you wear it, you are seen as hip and not a goth
-Wearing jeans and joggers is totally fashion acceptable
-Dress nicely
-You can wear trackies to school as long as they are Adidas
-Black onesies are the thing of the moment- and they are considered to be 'dressy'
-Sweaters Sweaters and Sweaters
-A denim and leather jacket NEED to be in your wordrobe
-Creepers are the thing of the moment... as are converse
-Denim on demin is totally acceptable 

Other observations are made on this blog... I think its a bit of a laugh to read actually. http://copenhannah.tumblr.com/post/14228929903/how-to-look-like-a-dane

To give an insight into what my danish class mates wear every day to school, here are some ideas inspired by H&M. To any Dane reading this, sorry if i do not do your fashion sense justice!


The blazer, jeans and scarf look topped off with a stripy top. 


These jackets are quite popular in Denmark at the moment... and the big scarves are a MUST HAVE! 



The black dress and leather jacket look 


THE ONESIE! I think every dane has one in their wordrobe. 


The layered look and high heeled boot to school. I kidd you not ladies and gentlemen 


Denim on denim. Perfect for any occassion

So the fashions are nearly the same, however there are some very different differences that sets australian and danish fashion apart. Half of the fun has been updating my wordrobe and I cant wait to bring a little bit of denmark back with me when i go home!

Anyways, Im off to my Rotary weekend! 

God weekende, og vi ses snart min venner!  

(note a blog post will come on Monday as my timetable is looking rather boring) 

No comments:

Post a Comment