Monday 18 November 2013

weekend shenanigans

Another weekend has been and gone, December is creeping around the corner, and I now only have 54 days left in Denmark. WHAT! This timeframe is strange and scary... because before I know it is will be Vi ses Danmark og G'day Australia. 

This weekend was a pretty quiet one. It was actually the only weekend that I had free before I went home. Pretty crazy. 

On Friday night, I made some christmas decorations with my host family. These were hand made, and different to the decorations that I am used to in Australia, as they are more hyggelit, and are designed for the cold winter days that surrounds christmas time in Denmark. Actually, it is a little weird to think that christmas is just around the corner, as the weather is everything that I dont associate with christmas. It is cold, dark and rainy.... total opposite to Australia! 
I am really looking forward to experiancing a Danish christmas. Singing the song "let it snow" this year will make sense. I get my first taste of a christmas lunch or 'julefrokost' in Danish on Sunday, with the girls in my class :) I think it will be really fun. There we will play games, and eat traditional danish food. I am really looking forward to it. 

On Saturday, we had a quiet day in, except for a little tour to the summer house which, I was scared for my life for as this tour was not in a car, it was on a motorbike. I wasn't really too keen on this, as I am quite scared of motorbikes, having witnessed many accidents on the highway to Stuarts. So I was basically scared for my life on the back of the motorcycle..... But it was actually fun and I found myself enjoying it. I'm glad I experienced it, and am glad that I made it out alive however I think it will be my last tour on a motorbike!

On Sunday, it was just a quiet day around the house, but in the evening, my host family and I went into Copenhagen to see Stomp the Musical, which was really really cool. It isn't on the same scale as Grease, or Legally Blonde, but Stomp is in its own element. There is no singing, and hardly any talking throughout, it is purely through dance and rhythm that makes these characters and the musical worth seeing. The cast of 9 basically made sounds and music out of every day things... such as plastic bags, rubbish bins, brooms and kitchen sinks. There was a lot of humour throughout and it was a very clever musical- recommend seeing it to anyone who heads over to London's West End. 


Today I am back at school and so I will be for the rest of the week. Nothing really exciting is happening this week, weekday wise.... but On Friday, I am hoping to do something with the girls in my class, on Saturday I am having a day with my four australian best friends as the last time we will all be together and on Sunday I have a christmas lunch with the girls in my class. Booked schedule, but undoubtedly a great weekend and week ahead. 

No comments:

Post a Comment