Saturday 11 July 2015

Tivoli

I can't actually believe that it has taken me three weeks to visit my favourite place in the world - Tivoli! The amusement park in the heart of copenhagen that captured my heart. It was just as I remembererd it, as hyggeligt as ever. I went to Tivoli with three of my danish friends: Cecillie, Simon and Karoline. Cecillie and Simon spent the day with me going on all the rides and eating all the amusement park food that you could think of. Karoline met us in there later to see Fredags Rock- where the Danish artist Mads Langer was playing. It was a really fun day. And Mads Langer was perfect, he really has an amazing voice and I wish that his songs were on the radio in Australia! Simon, Cecillie and I tried most of the rides in Tivoli and had a really fun time. 

Before Tivoli, I spent the morning with my first host mum Mette. We went up the round tower in Copenhagen, strolled through the shopping street and ate lunch in Tivoli. It was really hyggeligt. It was also the last time that I would see Mette because they are now in France on summer holiday. 

The day before, my first host family and I went to the art museum Lousianna. It's a museum filled with modern art and this time it featured an expedition on Africa, and had various art works and media that showed how people in Africa lived. It was really interesting, and the museum is amazing. It's set up so well so that it has various interactive stations. It's also set in the most beautiful location in denmark, really close to the ocean and you can actually even see Sweden. It was a really nice afternoon/ evening and we ate dinner over looking the sea. 

Today, my host sister Julia came home from Columbia and we went and picked her up from the airport. It bought back so many memories from the time that I came home from exchange. It was really good to see her again and we ate lots of danish food. 

Sorry this blog post isn't my best piece of writing- my brain is fried from speaking danish 24-7. 

See you in 2 weeks Sydney! 

No comments:

Post a Comment