Wednesday 3 April 2013

My bucket list....

This year, I am ticking off the number one point on my bucket list- to live in another country for a year and travel the world. I feel very very privileged to have been given this opportunity at such a young age. Travelling is the greatest thing ever and has been a life long dream of mine, ever since I was a little girl. 
In 2009, I came back from Japan knowing that I would apply for Rotary Youth Exchange in 2012. I had the travel bug, and was ready to see the world. However these dreams were a little too ambitious for a 15 year old working off $50 a week so I put my dreams aside and saved every penny I could get my hands on until I finished school. If anything, I have my 2009 self to thank for pursuing this dream, and for any readers out there who are thinking about applying for exchange I would say (if you are prepared to gain A LOT OF WEIGHT) without no hesitations to START FILLING IN THE APPLICATION FORM! I have only been here for two and a half months, but I am already having the best year of my life. Waking up every morning knowing that I am living in Europe is enough to put a smile on my face every morning! 
So anyway, there is a purpose behind this very random blog entry. I have decided to continue my bucket list, as before leaving australia it was two things long
1) go on exchange
2) visit paris
As both are being currently completed, i decided to add a whole bunch of random things to it that i hope to one day achieve. Some of them i understand are a long shot (such as disneyland) but one can always dream... and i have learnt this year that dreams really do come true, because I am currently living mine, 



























No comments:

Post a Comment